Unless indicated otherwise, the answers to the questions on personal data are mandatory and failure to supply the said answers shall prevent the provision of the car hire service or whatsoever other service provided to users on Goldcar’s website.
In addition, Goldcar hereby informs you of your right to access, correct, strike and oppose by written request addressed to EUROPA RENT A CAR S.L., Camino del Campet s/n. (Ctra. Valencia N-332, Km 115) 03550 San Juan de Alicante. Goldcar hereby undertakes to fulfil its obligation to the secrecy of the personal data and to store them and adopt the measures required to avoid their unauthorised alteration, loss, processing or access in accordance with the state of the art at all times.
In certain cases, for the provision of the service, Goldcar may need to share your data with third parties. Accordingly, you are hereby informed that Goldcar operates through the Goldcar system, where users expressly consent to the transfer of their personal data contained in the aforementioned file to the companies of the group for the exclusive purpose of providing them with better customer service.
Should the reservation not be completed online, Goldcar shall keep the personal data provided by users expressly for the sending of commercial communications by whatsoever means, including e-mail or equivalent means unless the said consent is revoked, in which case, the remaining data provided shall be struck from the file due to the fact that they have lost the purpose for which they were collected, in accordance with current data protection legislation.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, considering that Goldcar offers various services over its website, users must also carefully read the corresponding terms and conditions applicable to the services requested so that they are informed at all times of the way in which their data are processed in case the aforementioned terms and conditions contain provisions that vary from those laid down here.
What other data does Goldcar collect?
IP address: Goldcar collects the IP address when users visit our website. This information identifies only the user's ISP (Internet Services Provider) and does not contain personal information about the user. Goldcar uses this information to gain a better understanding of where the traffic on its website comes from.
Cookies: Goldcar's website uses 'cookies'. 'Cookies' are encrypted text files saved by the website in the user's computer.
Cookies are used to personalise the website and offers to match the user's needs and improve their browsing experience while at Goldcar.es.
Additionally, cookies are used to find out what are the user's most visited websites and therefore improve their contents to adapt it to their interests and simplify access.
The type of cookies used in this website are known as "session cookies" and "persistent cookies".
Session cookies are temporary files that are automatically deleted when the user leaves our website Goldcar.es. Persistent cookies remain on the user's hard disk until they are deleted by the user.
How does Goldcar protect your data?
If a certain level of security is necessary to protect information such as credit card details, Goldcar uses the SSL security protocol.
When users take part in an online survey, they may be required to provide certain personal information, e.g. demographic data such as age and/or level of income. Users are free to choose whether or not they provide the said data. The results of the survey are used only to improve the specifications and uses of Goldcar’s website and not for whatsoever other purpose.
- What is a cookie?A cookie is a small amount of information stored by websites on your computer.
- Do all cookies carry out the same function?No, there are different kinds of cookies which are used for different purposes. Cookies can differ depending on their function, duration and on the host.
- Technical cookies: We try to offer our users an advanced website which is easy to use and adapts automatically to your needs and requirements. In order to do so, we use technical cookies to show you our website, make it work properly, create your user account, log in and manage your bookings. These technical cookies are essential for our website to function correctly.
- Analytical cookies: We use these cookies to get an idea of how our users make use of our website, to detect what is working or not, to optimize and improve the website and to ensure that our users continue to find our website interesting and relevant. We only obtain information anonymously, so we will never know who you are.
- Advertising Cookies: We use them to show Goldcar.es adverts on other websites. This kind of advertising is known as “retargeting” and is based mainly on your activity on our website, such as destinations you have searched or accommodation that you have viewed.