How to check if the collection or the return of the fuel that has arrived to me is correct?
This is the calculation that we applied to refund the cost of fuel that you could leave in the tank:
- The Flex Fuel System consists of two concepts: fuel tank price + service expenses.
- The prices vary depending on the destination, the vehicle and the type and price of fuel; You can consult the most updated version here: www.goldcar.es/sdr.
- The return of unused fuel is done based on the price you paid for the tank, since the associated costs are not refundable.
- If you make the payment with a credit card, the amount of fuel will be charged as a deposit, and the costs of the operation and logistics will be charged separately, as well as the location costs (if applicable). When you return the vehicle, if the fuel has been consumed, the corresponding amount will be charged and the rest of the deposit will be refunded. If the car is delivered with a full tank, we will refund the amount retained for the fuel.
- If you make payment by debit card, when collecting the vehicle, the amount of fuel in the tank is paid for plus expenses for service and location. When returning the vehicle, Goldcar verifies the number of liters of fuel that have not been use and it is refunded automatically. The non-refundable service costs correspond to a package of advantages attached to this booking system: fast return, not being obliged to refuel before returning the car, etc. Note that it will be refunded to the same bank card that you used to pay for the Flex Fuel as when you picked up the vehicle.
- The calculation is made based on eighths. If, for example, with the fuel system you paid, €100 is fuel, this amount corresponds to 8/8. When you return the car, if it had half the tank full, they would mean 4/8, and, therefore, you would be refunded € 50. If the tank is 3/8, the corresponding refund would be €37.5.
- The calculation is done by a computer system as soon as the vehicle is checked, for which a tablet is used. The process usually takes only a few hours on average, once the car is returned the money is repaid; Sometimes even less.
- The system makes an automatic refund on the card with which the customer paid for the service upon arrival, when they collected the vehicle.
- If you have refuelled, or plan to do so before returning the vehicle, save the petrol station receipt.
- If you believe that you have not received the correct amount, we will review it as soon as possible, click here.
Has this information been useful?